PAL is committed to building partnerships within the Spartanburg community in order to give every person the opportunity to attain their full health potential regardless of socially determined circumstances.
Our active pursuit of health equity includes:
- Partnering with schools where students have limited resources to promote healthy eating and physical activity
- Expanding our trails network to socially and economically diverse neighborhoods
- Advocating for parks and open spaces in play deserts
- Developing partnerships for healthy food access and distribution to people with limited options
- Intentional outreach to include diverse populations in community events & program
- Including community input in strategic and project planning through defined feedback opportunities, coalition partnerships and diverse board membership